Monday, June 8, 2009

To Netbook or Not?

I almost considered buying a Netbook last weekend, I saw which one was best according to the vote on Lifehacker, the Asus EEEE PC 1000he, I even went to Staples to play around with them. After playing around with them, even with the 92% chicklet keyboard, it felt incredibly weird, and had stupid key placements that would drive me nuts. I wish I could have picked one up and sat on a chair or something with it, but of course they don't let you do that. The lady that worked there did take one out of a box for me though so I could hold it and put it on a table while I stood up, but it was still a little too sketchy for me for the money. I'd like to be able to quickly and easily surf stuff and twitter from the couch, but I don't want a full laptop weighing me down, but still that thing just screams, not really that useful.

I'm not in school anymore, I'm either at work or at home, and usually, if not always, near or on a computer. So I can't really justify it yet. I think if I can pick up a half decent one for $200 or less, then maybe. I guess I'll just have to keep on stalling.

They seem so damn sexy though and I know I could have really used one in school, but not so much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment