Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Into Heavy Metal and Twitter?

I'm a huge Metalhead, and that's no secret! Most people can tell by looking at me or by my multitude of tour shirts I wear when not at work. Well, as a huge user of Twitter, I've been a part of the #Metal community for awhile and I'm always looking for ways to enhance it. This lead me to many adventures and one particularly great endeavour that resulted in quite the acquisition (if I do say so myself!).

I am now the proprietor and operator of the World's first, only, and >>BEST<< Heavy Metal URL Shortener!

Akin to the likes of bit.ly, is.gd, and tinyurl who provide much of the shortening of links via Twitter, I have brought Met.al to the list!

If you are a Metalhead, please feel free to make use of it, and if you know of any other Metalheads, please share the word!

The site features a bookmarklet for shortening pages on the fly, and now we have released a WordPress plugin which upon publishing a new post will automatically shorten the URL and tweet it for you along with the post's title and any other information you choose! We even have an API you can take advantage of!

So far it's been a pretty big success I think and more and more people are starting to use it.

Anyways I realize I haven't posted in awhile, and just wanted to keep some of you in the loop as to what I'm up to.

For those of you who are curious, I have tried to get the domain metal.com, the owner is currently a rich lawyer who runs his own firm, he said when I can make him an offer in the low six digits, he'll talk!

I'll write another post one day about how I obtained the Met.al URL, it wasn't easy and took a long time, but totally worth it!

2 comments: