Friday, September 11, 2009

New UW Logos

I guess this new logo is starting to grow on me for it's specific purposes, and I just don't really care any more as the fires have calmed. As long as we still have official seal, this could help differentiate us, and it is definitely risk taking, which I do believe is in the spirit of Waterloo, so whatever, go for it! The whole fiasco is worth its weight in gold to draw attention to our university to increase our brand presence!

They have however started looking for feedback on even newer logos!

Here are the 2 new UW Logos which I saved from the survey I took here. I'd suggest taking the survey to help them out.



I like to think this one makes me think of robots and fast scenes of electronics, motherboards, processors and chips: ie. incredibly nerdy and engineering like. I'm not sure I like the fact that it's hard to make out the E, so I don't immediately see it as Waterloo, but as WAT + RLOO, oh that's an E too.


This one just makes me laugh!
Waterloo: A Sinking Ship!

I think they were probably going for tip of the iceberg, more than meets the eye thing, but I think it can be easily taken the wrong way, as noted above. Or it's a whale beaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment